|I Create, 9x11 collage on paper|
This small collage was half finished when I discovered it in my stacks of remnants. Newspaper pages once used as a palette had been glued next to a museum ticket from Italy. My interest and curiosity were aroused. I added the number 5 (my lucky number), a column shape with words from another collage, the coffee cup, the top portion of the face and the price tag. What appeared was a portrait of my inner artist.
Upon deeper contemplation I discovered metaphorical qualities to be admired in my Muse...
- The face is 1/2 a Renaissance portrait (rebirth of the arts) and the eyes are my granddaughter Elise's (innocence).
- The words below the face say MY ALL with the Y reaching high as a tree.
- My lucky number 5 refers to serendipity.
- It appears that a fishing line extends to the green pond of abundant possibilities, and this curve circles back in the threads of the price tag with no amount...as in priceless.
- The red word Occupation showed up in the corner of the pages from a local newspaper, and next to it, an image of a window.
- The coffee cup which was added on purpose over the column, would suggest, ritual.
Lifting a portion of the collaged material to re-glue,I discovered a photograph of many angels....what a divine surprise!