Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Botanical Abstract Painting 30/30 Challenge "Growing Beyond" by Intuitive Artist Joan Fullerton


 I have signed on to Leslie Saeta's challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. 

This is painting #1 of the challenge, painted Jan 1st.

 Since I have a studio full of unfinished work, I decided to complete 30 of my unfinished  paintings. 

 Usually what is on the substrate when I begin, suggests a possible subject or composition.
 The white flowers already existed on the top right, so I decided to abstract the remaining space  with swipes, drips and painted shapes. 

 I considered it finished, when I happened to notice some  scraps of printed picket fence on the  table. They seemed to fit the composition and provide  another element of meaning, so I glued  and painted them into the composition.

 Now this  painting has a story...a story about finding  renewed enthusiasm for life when we  explore  beyond limits.

  How perfect for the 1st day of  2016~!

  16"x16" Acrylic on Paper

  Click HERE for pricing.

  Visit http://www.joanfullerton.com to view more of my work.

  Visit http://www.joanfullertonworkshops.com to view my upcoming workshops.

  Paint with me in ITALY...click HERE to learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment